Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's Heatin' Up

Hey, I’m just waking up from that “eye of the hurricane” feeling before the Woodward Dream Cruise. It’s the period that’s probably filled with rushed projects, urgent trips to the auto parts store, internet or catalog shopping for a few special parts, and general car preparation for the looks and rigors of the WDC. Now-a-days, I make sure I’ve worked in some lengthy naps too, yard work can wait; preparations of all kinds are the priority.

Now I’ll confess that I don’t actually DO that much for the WDC. It’s like I told my dear wife – I don’t have big plans this year. Besides a casual lunch at Duggan’s Tuesday, a Rolling Cruise Wednesday, an evening party at the Coffee Beanery Thursday, on “The Bricks” Friday, and a free (hee hee) parking space at a friends place two houses off Woodward for Saturday – I’m not really doing anything.

Well, my nap’s over for today. I had a nice, healthy dinner. Now it’s time to dust the car and polish the wheels. All the big stuff has got to be done and we’re in that “eye of the hurricane” before it all heats up for another year. Let’s hope the weather is kind to us again.

Happy Cruisen’
Bob

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2010 at 3:47 AM , Blogger Danielle and Clint said...

I wonder who that mystery friend is...hhhmmmm...See you Saturday! It's already crazy around there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home