Sunday, June 27, 2010

Museum Friends

Whoa, it’s been a while since I posted anything. Sorry. With cruises most every night of the week the time seems to slide right on by. It makes for lousy performance but I still remember winter lasting a long time so I’m determined to have some summer fun.

It was good to hear a little detail about a cruise a bit beyond my usual neighborhood. It’s at Culver’s in the Lake Orion area on Tuesday evenings. It sounds like it might be worth checking out. There’s a comment posted here with some more details.

This post is an exception because I’ll usually not mention individual cruises. That’s mostly because I see a car cruise as a fairly local activity. The best cruise ever might be in Adrian but I don’t see me or anybody on this side of town making it a habit of driving that far. Let’s all favor our local talent and send the rest of the world our good wishes.

I totally enjoyed going to the cruise night at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum last Wednesday. Understand that I am one of their volunteers so I’m bound to be biased. But that doesn’t wipe out the fact that I enjoyed the variety of the cars (restored classics, muscle, customs, Hot Rods, everything was there). And of course I see a lot of people I know. And, of course, it’s a nice venue. Really, what else is there?

I saw the head honcho of the Museum there, Lori Pinter. She’s a very nice person. She was taking a walk among the cars and was nice enough to stop to say “hi”. Maybe it was just my imagination but I saw her then as stepping out of the “upper management bubble” she must inhabit all day long at work to just “hang out” with the crowd. She talked about the cars she liked and all that kind of stuff but she seemed totally sincere when she summed up her impression of the cruise (or any good cruise). It’s a social event. It’s about seeing your friends and making new friends and acquaintances.

So at your next cruise, enjoy your friends and make a couple new ones. And don’t forget, those new folks don’t know you very well so you can shave a healthy fraction off your car’s best ET or pump up your coolest award or gas mileage or whatever helps you brag a bit.

Happy Trails,
bob

1 Comments:

At July 2, 2010 at 3:23 AM , Blogger Danielle and Clint said...

Hey Bob! I miss working Cruise nights! It always felt like a team effort and felt like we were reaching out to the surrounding communities. I wish we did more events like this.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home